Take a look at this picture. Do you know who it is?
Most people haven’t heard of him.
But you should have. When you see his face or hear his name you should get as sick in your stomach as when you read about Mussolini or Hitler or see one of their pictures. You see, he killed over 10 million people in the Congo.
His name is King Leopold II of Belgium.
He “owned” the Congo during his reign as the constitutional monarch of Belgium. After several failed colonial attempts in Asia and Africa, he settled on the Congo. He “bought” it and enslaved its people, turning the entire country into his own personal slave plantation. He disguised his “business transactions” as philanthropic and scientific efforts under the banner of the “International African Society”. He used their enslaved labor to extract Congolese resources and services. His reign was enforced through work camps, body mutilations, executions, torture, and his private army.
Most of us – I don’t yet know an approximate percentage but I fear its extremely high – aren’t taught about him in school. We don’t hear about him in the media. He’s not part of the widely repeated narrative of oppression (which includes things like the Holocaust during World War II). He’s part of a long history of colonialism, imperialism, slavery and genocide in Africa that would clash with the social construction of the white supremacist narrative in our schools. It doesn’t fit neatly into a capitalist curriculum. Its bad to “say racist things” (sometimes), but quite fine not to talk about genocides in Africa perpetrated by European capitalist monarchs.
HUNTER’S RAD ALMOST 3K FOLLOWERS GIVEAWAY
- 4 kids or troll shirts from topatoco
- 2 pairs of troll horns from korundur
- 2 pairs of glasses from akujin
- 2 pokemon plushes under $30 (each) from amazon
- either a red or blue limited edition pokemon 3ds
- a copy of pokemon x or y
- and last but not least 6 lbs of candy!
- Must be following me (i will check— my url is subject to change keep an eye on the url that shows up above this text)
- Reblog as much as you want; likes don’t count
- Giveaway/sideblogs are not allowed (i will check)
- Ask must be open and you must respond within 24 hrs otherwise i will pick a new winner
The giveaway ends April 30th
Presenting : White people damaging their hair by forcing it to do something it’s not meant to in an effort to seem earthy.
this shit is nasty
Omg! That last one is kinda fresh! I call it the Meatloaf
Seriously white people? Give it the fuck up. You don’t have the hair texture for that. Accept it.
Somebody told me that if I deleted this post I’d stop getting notes on it (it was blowing up my phone) and that *kinda* worked. I would like to take a moment and point out that I had a shit ton of people hounding my inbox and the comments saying they had dreads that look like this and they weren’t gross or that if they don’t shower this is what their hair does naturally
- The dreads in this picture are hella nasty. One is full of mold. That’s the point. These are NOT what dreads are supposed to look like.
- Hair that isn’t afro textured never ever looks like real dreads (i.e. they don’t look the same at all) If you had to backcomb, they probably aren’t real dreads.
- You are exploiting your white privilege if you can still go to school and work with your dreads in, because black people consistently have their natural hair deemed ‘unprofessional’ and used as a means to prevent them from getting hired and to fire them from jobs and have them expelled from school.
- They won’t do their own research. No, the Celts did not have dreads, no dreadlocks are not found everywhere
- White people calling themselves Rastafarian. Are you kidding. ‘Rasta’ and ‘Rastafarian’ are not terms meaning ‘Bob Marley Fan Club’ or ‘I like weed’. Rastafarians are AGAINST white supremacy.
- BUT BLACK PEOPLE STRAIGHTEN THEIR HAIR/ WEAR WHITE HAIR. One, black people don’t wear ‘white hair’. I’m not lying to you, walk into a hair story.You will find Indian, Malaysian, Brazilian but never European hair because it’s not as great as you think it is. Two, the fact that people with kinky hair straighten it with relaxer or flat irons ect is because black people are taught that their natural hair is ‘not good hair’ and because their natural hair is sometimes deemed as unprofessional. Do you like movies? Chris Rock made one about it called ‘Good hair’. Also, this.
- Your Dreadlocks are cultural appropriation. They also look nasty.
Ewwww mold in hair??
from tryin to make they lips bigger to this. they stop at nothing.
For the first time, scientists have discovered an Earth-size alien planet in the habitable zone of its host star, an “Earth cousin” that just might have liquid water and the right conditions for life.
Image 1: This artist illustration shows what it might be like to stand on the surface of the planet Kepler-186f, the first-ever Earth-size planet to be found in the habitable zone of its star. Credit: Danielle Futselaa
Image 2: This artist illustration shows the planet Kepler-186f, the first Earth-size alien planet discovered in the habitable zone of its star. Credit: NASA Ames/SETI Institute/JPL-CalTech
The newfound planet, called Kepler-186f, was first spotted by NASA’s Kepler space telescope and circles a dim red dwarf star about 490 light-years from Earth. While the host star is dimmer than Earth’s sun and the planet is slightly bigger than Earth, the positioning of the alien world coupled with its size suggests that Kepler-186f could have water on its surface, scientists say. You can learn more about the amazing alien planet find in a video produced by Space.com.
"One of the things we’ve been looking for is maybe an Earth twin, which is an Earth-size planet in the habitable zone of a sunlike star," Tom Barclay, Kepler scientist and co-author of the new exoplanet research, told Space.com. "This [Kepler-186f] is an Earth-size planet in the habitable zone of a cooler star. So, while it’s not an Earth twin, it is perhaps an Earth cousin. It has similar characteristics, but a different parent."
Scientists think that Kepler-186f — the outermost of five planets found to be orbiting the star Kepler-186 — orbits at a distance of 32.5 million miles (52.4 million kilometers), theoretically within the habitable zone for a red dwarf.
Earth orbits the sun from an average distance of about 93 million miles (150 million km), but the sun is larger and brighter than the Kepler-186 star, meaning that the sun’s habitable zone begins farther out from the star by comparison to Kepler-186.
"This is the first definitive Earth-sized planet found in the habitable zone around another star," Elisa Quintana, of the SETI Institute and NASA’s Ames Research Center and the lead author of a new study detailing the findings, said in a statement.
Other planets of various sizes have been found in the habitable zones of their stars. However, Kepler-186f is the first alien planet this close to Earth in size found orbiting in that potentially life-supporting area of an extrasolar system, according to exoplanet scientists.